PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Tailormade Journeys Limited trading as Great Vacations (the “Company”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) respects the privacy of, and the data shared by, its clients (“you”, “your” and/or “client”) and understand the importance of protecting and securing your data.
This policy sets out:
- how and why we collect data from you,
- the type of data which we collect from you,
- how we use, store and secure your data, and
- the rights which you have under the data protection laws (being the UK Data Protection Act, 2018, and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation No 2016/679).
We encourage you to read this policy carefully. Please also ensure that if you are acting on behalf of someone or are making a booking with and/or for someone else then such person is also made aware of this policy and that they are fine with their data being shared with us.
Please note that in case you do not wish to share your data with us, then we would not be able to provide you our services.
How and why we collect data from you
We collect data about you and any other person you include in your booking. The data is collected when you make any enquiry or booking with us.
We collect your data in the following ways:
- directly, when you communicate with us (either over phone or email), basis any information requested by us or provided by you on your own and/or which you may enter in any of our websites (being, www.TailormadeJorney.co.uk or www.TailormadeJourney.com or www.IndiaHolidays4U.com , www.IndiaLuxuryTrains4U.com or www.Maharajasexpress4u.com or www.PalaceonWheels4U.com , www.DeccanOdyssey4U.com or www.GoldenChariot4U.com ), and/or thru social media ( face book , whatsapp , viber , googleplus , twitter etc ) and/or
- indirectly, when you provide your data to any service provider or third party (such as your local travel guide, driver and/or the hotel) booked through us or provided / arranged by us.
We collect your data, and the data of any other person included in your booking or travelling with you, in order to respond to any query / enquiry which you may have raised or to make your bookings and/or provide our services to you.
Type of data which we collect from you
The data which we collect includes:
- your name and the names of people travelling with you or included in your booking,
- your gender and that of the persons travelling with you or included in your booking,
- your contact details along with those of the people travelling with you or included in your booking,
- your passport number and those of the people travelling with you or included in your booking
- travel information details,
- financial and insurance details for all persons travelling,
- dietary requirements and/or any other special needs or requirements for all persons travelling,
- emergency contact details and details of next of kin for all persons travelling, and
- medical details / health conditions of all persons travelling.
How we use, share, store and secure your data
Use of data
The data collected by us, either about / regarding you and/or of people travelling with you or included in your booking, is used for the purposes providing our services to you, which would include:
- replying to your enquiries / queries,
- making your travel arrangements (such as flight tickets , train bookings , hotel bookings , local handling agents , car hire companies ), and
- for communicating with our local service providers (such as local drivers and guides) to ensure that the services you have requested and booked are arranged,
We may also use your data for marketing and promotional activities and/or for communications which are personalized for you or relevant for you
Further, we may also use your data for immigration, border control and other purposes.
Sharing of data
We may share your data with third parties or external service providers, such as local drivers, tour managers, excursion / activity operators, guides, airlines and hotels.
Where necessary, either under law or pursuant to a specific request, we would share your data with Governmental authorities either within or outside your country of residence.
Please note that where you information is shared with persons, companies, other entities or Government authorities outside of UK or EU or EEA or your country of residence, such persons, companies, other entities or Government authorities may reside in or belong to countries which ay either not have data protection laws or which may have laws but these laws are not as strong as those in UK or EU or EEA or your country of residence.
We may also share or disclose your data which this is necessary, in our good faith and reasonable determination, in order for us to protect our rights, enforce our terms of contract with you and / or pursue available legal remedies.
Storage of data
We will store the data for as long as it is necessary for us to do so either under applicable law or in order for us to provide the requested services.
The data is stored in a combination of our own systems, the systems of suppliers / travel partners engaged by us to provide the services, systems of relevant airlines and hotels and systems of any other persons with whom we share your data in accordance with this policy.
Security of data
We undertake all reasonably appropriate measures to secure your data against unauthorised or unlawful use or disclosure and against loss or destruction.
Please however note that we cannot ensure security of any data communicated to us via emails or over the internet or in any electronic form.
You have the following rights, amongst other rights available under law:
- right to obtain from us information regarding how your data is being used / shared,
- right to request for rectification,
- right not be subjected to automated decision making,
- right to restrict processing,
- right to access, and
- right to object.
For any questions or requests relating to this policy you may contact us by email.