The Maharajas’ Express – The Treasures of India – Experience the Golden Triangle in Luxury
The Maharajas’ Express – The Treasures of India is a journey were we visit the world’s greatest monument of love – the Taj Mahal, spot the exclusive tiger in Ranthambore National Park and soak up the spectacular regal heritage of Rajasthan at Jaipur – The Pink City.
Embarkation & Disembarkation (Treasures of India)
Check-in Venue & Timing – Safdarjung Station, Delhi / 0815 hrs
Departure Station & Timing – Delhi – Safdarjung Station/ 0915 hrs
Arrival Station & Timing – Delhi – Safdarjung Station/ 1000 hrs
Guests boarding the Maharaja Express have to report at least an hour before the train’s departure at a pre-assigned venue in Delhi for the pre-boarding facilities.
All Foreign Nationals are required to obtain Tourist VISA to visit India and Passport Valid for Six Months from date of departure from India.
Day 1 - Delhi and Agra - Sunday
- 08:15 Welcome and Check in at Delhi Safdurjung Railway Station
- 09:15 Maharajas’ Express proceeds to Agra
- 09:30 Brunch onboard
- 10:45 Tour Briefing onboard
- 14:15 Arrive into Agra
- 14:30 Proceed to visit the Taj Mahal
- 18:30 Return to the comforts of Maharajas’ Express. You can choose optional activities –Spa at a Hotel or Mohabbat the Taj Show
- 19:00 Dinner onboard
Day 2 - Agra and Ranthambore - Monday
- 07:00 Proceed to visit the Agra Fort or you may choose optional activity to visit Itmad ud Daula
- 09:00 Return to the comforts of Maharajas’ Express
- 09:15 Breakfast onboard
- 10:45 Maharajas’ Express proceeds to Ranthambore
- 13:00 Lunch onboard
- 15:15 Proceed for an exciting Game Drive at Ranthambore National Park
- 18:15 Return to the comfort of Maharajas’ Express
- 18:45 Maharajas’ Express proceeds to Jaipur
- 20:00 Dinner onboard
- 20:30 Maharajas’ Express arrives at Jaipur
Day 3 - Jaipur - Tuesday
- 07:00 Breakfast onboard
- 08:00 Proceed to visit the Amber Fort following which you may choose Optional Activities – Spa at a hotel or a visit to City Palace and Observatory (Jantar Mantar) or Private Shopping Tour
- 12:00 Return to the comforts of Maharajas’ Express
- 13:30 Lunch onboard
- 17:00 Proceed for Dinner at Rambagh Palace
- 21:00 Return to the comforts of Maharajas’ Express
- 22:30 Maharajas’ Express proceeds to Delhi
Day 4 - Delhi - Wednesday
- 08:00 Breakfast onboard
- 10:00 Disembark and bid farewell to the Maharajas’ Express as your journey comes to an end
- Itinerary, destinations and scheduled departures may change without prior notice.
- Please contact your Guest Relations Executive for further details, prices and bookings of optional activities.
Note: At Present 5 % GST is levied by Government of India EXTRA ON TOP OF THE TARIFF. Extra Surcharges for departures during Christmas and New Year.
Prices Valid from 01 October 2022 Until April 2025
|Price in US Dollars||Price in Sterling Pounds|
Price for One Person
|Double / Twin Cabin
Price for Two Persons
Price for One Person
|Double / Twin Cabin
Price for Two Persons
|Deluxe Cabin||$ 8560
|Junior Suite||$ 10351||$ 10890||£ 9410
|Suite||$ 16720||$ 16720||£ 15200||£ 15200|
|Presidential Suite||$ 28380||$ 28380||£ 25800||£ 25800|
Price / Cost Includes
*** Accommodation in Air Conditioned Deluxe Cabin or Junior Suite or Suite or Presidential Suite with attached Bathroom on board The Maharaja Express
*** All meals including tea, coffee and mineral water and house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits during The Maharaja Express
*** Transport for sightseeing with Deluxe Coaches during The Maharaja Express for Deluxe Cabin and Junior Suite Clients
*** *** Transport for sightseeing with Private Vehicle & Private Guide during The Maharaja Express for Suite and Presidential Suite Clients
*** Entrance fee to palaces, museums & parks during The Maharaja Express
*** English speaking guide during The Maharaja Express
*** Bulter Service for Suite and Presidential Suite Clients
*** Service of the Tour Manager on Board
*** Two Transfer in Delhi by Private Vehicle with Driver
Child Policy Maharajas’ Express does accommodate children but we ask parents to be mindful of the sophisticated adult atmosphere we endeavour to maintain.
- A) For Deluxe/Jr.Suite/Suite Cabins
- Children below 5 years shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents.This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- Single child (5 years – 12 years) sharing cabin with adults – 50% of the adult fare, subject to sharing of double bed with two full paid adults.This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- Single child (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin -50% of the(adult fare + Supplement charges) if requested in a separate cabin.
- Two child (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin – 50% of the adult fare for each child in a separate cabin on twin sharing basis.
- Three child (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin – 50% of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing of double bed.
- If third child request in a separate cabin – 50% of the (adult fare + Supplement charges).
- Single child (5 years – 12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin:- Two adults fare on twin sharing basis.
- Two child (5 years – 12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin:- One adult fare plus 50% of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing of double bed.
- B) For Presidential Suite Cabin
- Children below 5 years shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed in PS.
- Single child (5 years – 12 years) sharing cabin with adults – 50% of the adult fare, subject to sharing with two/three/four full paid adults in PS.
- Two child(5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin – 50% of the adult fare for each child in a separate sub cabin on twin sharing basis subject to sharing with two full paid adults in PS.
- Three child (5 years – 12 years) in a separate cabin – 50% of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing of with two/three full paid adults in PS.
- Single child (5 years – 12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin:- Two adults fare on twin sharing basis in PS.
- Two child (5 years – 12 years) + one adult in a separate cabin:- 50% of the adult fare for each child subject to sharing with one full paid adult.
- Child booking if requested in a separate cabin is subject to travelling with the adults. It is to be noted that single child has to share guide/vehicle with adults travelling together in case of Suite & PS cabin booked pax.In case, a separate higher category vehicle is required then supplement will be levied.
- Please note that we do not have a facility for interconnecting cabins except in the Presidential suite car.
- All applicable taxes will be charged extra.
Award Winning – The Maharajas Express
India… a country with a history as old as time. A country where diverse dynasties have ruled through centuries, leaving their indelible imprint on the landscape, language and culture of the Indian Sub-continent. Majestic Palaces, Forts, Rich natural bounty, Untamed wildlife… there’s so much to soak in and store memories for a lifetime while traversing on the Indian Panorama.
The Indian sub-continent is very vast and to undertake comfortable Luxury trips on various tour circuits will be a tiresome affair.
The tour circuit on this vast Indian landscape is made convenient by the Maharajas’ Express – the latest Luxury Train and provides Luxury on wheels.
It offers five luxury train circuits on wheels to let one choose the best way to discover and explore the treasure trove and amazing Indian kaleidoscope.
The Luxury Tour Circuits on wheels, let one explore exotic locales such as a trip to one of the largest dinosaur fossil parks at Balasinor with opportunity to meet one of the Indian royal family, a trip to the erotic temples of Khajuraho, to participate in the Elephant activities at Jaipur, cocktail & barbeque sundowner on the sand dunes at Bikaner, champagne breakfast overlooking the immortal beauty of the Taj Mahal, boat trip on the Ganges at the holy city of Varanasi – and much more…
The unmatched ambience, contemporary amenities, impeccable service and luxurious decor provide a Royal Tours on board this Palace on wheels.
Maharajas’ Express by providing an Experience Unsurpassed, with its mélange of providing immaculate on-board services and well designed Luxury Tour Circuits had made
The Metropolitan – New Delhi
The Metropolitan Hotel New Delhi is 5-minute drive from Connaught Place, It features an outdoor pool and 3 dining options. Situated in New Delhi’s city centre, it also offers a fitness centre and spa. The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa is 1 km from New Delhi Railway Station, 500 m from Airport Express Metro Station (Shivaji Stadium) and 15 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport. Stylish air-conditioned rooms feature Indian motifs. Equipped with an iron and a flat-screen TV with cable channels, they also come with a minibar. Private bathrooms feature bath and shower facilities and a hairdryer. Guests can check e-mails at the business centre or relax at the full-service NeoVeda Spa, which offers massage services and a steam room. There is also a shop selling a range of items including hand-woven scarves, an assortment of teas and aromatherapy oils. Sakura Restaurant serves Japanese dishes, while Chutney Bar + Tandoor Restaurant offers Indian delights. The pool-side Zing Restaurant offers international fare and is open round-the-clock. In-room dining is possible. Hotel has 178 Rooms
Divided in the Category of Deluxe , Club and Executive Suites.
The Lalit – New Delhi
Set in a grand building in bustling Connaught Place, The LALIT New Delhi welcomes guests with its full spa and outdoor pool. It offers an extensive range of 7 dining options, including some 24-hour ones. The Lalit is a 10-minute drive from New Delhi Railway Station, while Indira Gandhi International Airport is 24 km away. Spacious, soundproofed rooms offer subtle touches of Indian culture. Generously furnished with a flat-screen TV and DVD player, some rooms offer an iPod dock. An electric kettle and a minibar are provided in each room. Iron and ironing board can be requested. Guests can experience Ayurvedic and natural therapies at Rejuve spa, or opt for a work out in the fitness centre. Other facilities include a business centre, free private parking and The LaLit Galleria, which features a variety of shops. Dining options include Baluchi Indian restaurant and Woks Chinese restaurant. 24/7 Restaurant and Bar are open all day everyday for dining convenience. The hotel also has a 24-hour pastry shop for sweet cravings. Hotel offers 461 Rooms categorized under Deluxe Rooms , Premier Rooms , Executive Club, Suites
The Claridges New Delhi
Located in Lutyens New Delhi, The Claridges, New Delhi, offers rooms with old-world charm and contemporary furnishings. Just 3 km from the city centre, it has a temperature controlled outdoor swimming pool and 6 dining options. Free WiFi and parking is available. Wooden-floored rooms feature a satellite flat-screen TV and a pillow menu. Each is well-equipped with a minibar and tea/coffee making facilities. Safety deposit boxes and ironing facilities are available for guests convenience. The hotel has a variety of amenities including a health club. Mediterranean cuisine is served at Sevilla, while Dhaba offers North Indian fare. Pastries are available at Ye Old Bakery Patisserie and Jade serves Chinese food. Choose from beverages at Aura – The Vodka Bar. The Claridges is within 1.5 km from Delhi National Museum and Lodhi Gardens. Within 4 km of the hotel is Connaught Place. It is 13 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport.
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi is a blend of Lutyen’s architecture and the royal Indian culture. A pampering spa, 4 dining options and free parking are available. Elegantly decorated, air-conditioned rooms feature a high-definition flat-screen TV with a DVD player, floor-to-ceiling windows and wooden furnishings. A 2nd flat-screen TV in the bathroom is a mirror when turned off. The Leela Palace New Delhi is less than 10 minutes’ drive from the India Gate. Indira Gandhi International Airport is 15 km while the Domestic airport is 13 km. The exclusive spa by ESPA offers an Ayurveda inspired day spa menu created for both women and men while rooftop temperature-controlled swimming pool offers the panoramic views of the city’s skyline. Guests can also approach the 24-hour front desk to rent a computer or a car. Housed in a modern glass structure, The Qube offers an international and Indian buffet with open kitchens. Other dining options include Le Cirque and MEGU from New York, the award winning restaurants. Indian food is served at Jamavar . Drinks can be enjoyed at the hotel’s 2 bars. Hotel offers 254 Rooms